Brierley, Barnsley.
Return
To add photos please click here Add Photos!

 

Brierley is a small pit village, in Barnsley, South Yorkshire; it has a nice church, named St. Paul’s, which was built in 1869 for George Savile Foljambe, Lord of the Manor of Brierley, to the designs of John Wade in the Gothic Revival style; it was built as a chapel of ease to the medieval church of St Peter in Felkirk, to house the growing population of Brierley and Grimethorpe; its small churchyard had its last burial in 1953.



Go back.